- Remain Calm. Give us a call at (800) 625-9773 to dispatch an Xpress Restoration Inc. crew, to begin the smoke and fire damage restoration process.
- Open windows and doors, until our professional arrives onsite.
- Make sure your pets are safe and secure. (If the environment is unsuitable for you, then it is also unsuitable for your pets).
- Completely empty your refrigerator and/or freezer if the electricity is off. Open the regrigerator doors to prevent odor.
- Dispose of any open food packages.
- Do not attempt to use ceiling fixtures.
- Gently wipe leaves of all plants to remove soot and smoke residue.
- Keep your hands clean, soot on hands can transfer to upholstery, walls and woodwork which will cause additional damage.
- Place old towels or blankets over high traffic carpet areas to prevent further soiling.
- Wipe smoke residue from porcelain bath fixtures.
- Wipe or wash walls, ceilings or other absorbent surfaces.
- Use the TV, stereo, or other electrical appliances until they havebeen cleaned and inspected.
- Use your upholstered furniture.
- Send garments to your normal dry cleaners. Remember that improper cleaning will actually set in smoke and odor. There specialized restoration dry cleaners that handle this type of cleaning.
- Use the HVAC system, this will compound the soot and smoke damage to your unit.