Before you start tearing off your bathroom tiles, you should know that remodeling a bathroom is not an ideal do-it-yourself project. It is usually a large-scale project, involving the removal of various appliances and items that should not be removed by someone lacking theproper know-how.
However if you’re going to stand by your decision, we recommend that you read the following information before you start your bathroom remodeling project.
- Your choice in tiles will be a very important decision; you have to choose between looks and practicality. Porcelain or glazed tiles will offer a better look and will be easier to clean, but textured tiles will offer better grip.
- Some storage space is always good;so remember to put some extra storage space in your bathroom.You can put a traditional cupboard on top of the sink or creatively place some non-traditional cabinets in the bathroom.
- Work out a primary color theme for your new bathroom and select the appliances to complement it. Sinks, toilets and bathtubs/showers should be in line with the overall look of the bathroom.
- A popular trend in bathroom renovations is the vanity sink. This gives you a lot of extra storage space in your bathroom, while giving your bathroom a sleekermore upscale look. A vanity sink also gives you an option of adding a second sink.
- Lighting is an important aspect in bathroom remodels, because bathrooms basically serve as mini powder rooms for your significant other. The right lighting in the bathroom, especially around the sink, is vital.
- If you live in an area that has extremely cold weather, it is a smart choice to add an electric heating mat beneath your bathroom tiles.
- Accessibility in the bathroom is important, so make sure to place all the accessories for maximum convenience. Grab bars, towel handles, shower heads and faucets need to be in easy reach.
These are just some of the things that you need to take care of when remodeling your bathroom on your own, it seems difficult and it may prove to even harder then it seems. So, feel free to hire our professional remodeling crew for your bathroom remodels. We’ll even pick up on where you left off!