We can’t do anything other than stand helplessly in front of natural calamities like flood, storm and heavy rain. When a flood occurs, it takes almost everything and leaves us in a miserable condition making our home a disaster. Therefore, the restoration process takes a lot of time and energy and in most cases a professional is needed to help you through the process.When your home is flooded due to a natural disaster or weather related, the first thing you should do when you re-enter your home is to document all flood damaged items and areas, this will help both you and your insurance adjuster through the claim process.Take pictures or video of all the damaged areas, damaged belongings and furniture (the restoration company that you have dispatched to your home can also assist you with this process). After documentation, the real work of cleaning your home begins. If you are facing serious flood damages and need emergency help, don’t hesitate to contact your local flood damage restoration company.
What Can You Do??
- Remove water from your home as soon as possible to avoid further damage. As long as water stays in your home it will create more damage.
- The process of drying out and flood cleanup should be followed once water has been removed. If everything has not been completely dried out, mold will start to develop; this is why it’s crucial that you hire the right flood cleanup company to help you restore your home.
- To remove moisture, use de-humidifiers. Everything should be thoroughly dried out because sometimes things will look dry but may still be wet. As a result, mold will start to develop and will cause serious health problems. To avoid such condition, flood cleanup companies are available. They use the latest equipment to dry out the belongings and inspect everything afterwards.
- During the drying out process also switch on all fans for air circulation and open all windows for outdoor air ventilation that will help to remove the moisture from the air.
- If you find mold has already started to develop somewhere on your belongings, throw them away.
- Call a flood damage restoration company like Xpress Restoration Inc. to begin the flood damage cleanup immediately.