Mold presents many different types of health risks to every person in the vicinity, and it can also cause damage to the property. Mold can grow and spread at an exponential rate; what’s more alarming is that once it starts to grow, the spores can spread throughout the property within a few days.
Signs of Mold
It is essential that you find the mold as soon as the growth starts; look for these signs to search for mold in your property:
- The first sign you should look for are the visible dark marks on the ceiling or walls.
- If you don’t find anything after a visual inspection, you should try to smell the mold out. Mold produces an unmistakable musty odor.
- If your property has had any exposure to moisture, mold growth is likely.
- Moisture coupled with humidity creates the perfect environment for mold growth; inspect places that contain both these elements.
The Mold Remediation Process
If you are successful in finding the mold, don’t try to remove it yourself; call in a professional mold remediation company to remove it. If you haven’t found it but suspect there is mold in your building, you should call in the professionals to come take a look at your property. If there is mold growing inside your walls, ceiling or floors;they will find and remove it,through the following process:
- The first step in the mold remediation process is the removal of moisture or water from the space.
- The professionals will then cordon off the contaminated area with sheets of plastic. They will cover all the entry and exit points, to make sure that the mold spores don’t get to other areas of the building.
- They will mist the area with water to suppress any dust; mold spores can spread through dust.
- They will then start the removal of all the infected material. After it is removed, they will secure it in plastic bags.
- The remediation professionals will then wipe or clean the whole area with detergent or other cleaning solution.
- After a thorough cleaning, the area is allowed to dry.All the material removed is then replaced.
After doing a visual inspection of the area and determining that all the signs of mold are gone, mold remediation professionals, such our highly skilled team, will restore the previously contaminated area to its original condition.