- Shut the water off at the source or at the main.
- Remain calm. Give us a call at (800) 625-9773 and we will have one of our trained professionals dispatched to begin the dry out process.
- Open windows and doors until our professional arrives onsite.
- Ensure the electrical breaker is off. Unplug and remove any small electrical units that are in contact with wet flooring.
- Put aluminum foil under the legs of wood or antique furniture that are in contact with wet flooring.
- Raise draperies and pin-up upholstered furniture skirts.
- Remove any paper products such as books and newspapers that may cause staining to flooring. Be sure to look under furniture desks and beds.
- Remove potted plants that are in contact with wet flooring.
- Remove any furniture that is not too heavy into areas with no water damage. This will help prevent rusting or staining
- Use the vacuum cleaner to clean the water up.
- Throw away damaged contents until photographed and documented.
- In event of water losses with mold or sewage do not cross contaminate by tracking in and out of the affected area.
- Attempt to mitigate the damages yourself by trying to dry the structure with household fans.
- Unfortunately water can cause severe damages that are not foreseen without proper moisture detecting instruments and drying equipment improper drying can lead to further damages.